At SportMalta, we are determined to get as many people as possible participating in sport. This means building a state of the art network of clubs, coaches, facilities and volunteers in every community through building partnerships fit for a new era in sport. These are big challenges and that is why we are looking for people to play a vital role in delivering our sport strategy. As well as being a fantastic work place, our job opportunities are a great way of advancing in your career.
Staff Development and training has always been within the SportMalta policy and commitments. SportMalta on regular basis organizes staff seminars with a variety of topics to enhance staff development on the day to day operations. Regular staff development courses are also organised, including first aid, fire fighting, life guard saving skills, coaching courses, computer courses, management course and teaching skills development.
SportMalta (“SM”) a government entity under the responsibility of the Ministry for Education, Sport, Youths and Research and Innovation is seeking to employ an Accounts Officer.
Permit number 494/2021
Jobsplus Permit Number 494/2021 is to be quoted on application.
The main responsibilities shall be, but not limited to;
- To assist the Managers in all the accounting and financial management of the entity.
- To assist in book-keeping on accounting software and preparation of payment runs.
- To record and reconcile all bank statement on a monthly basis including petty cash.
- To reconcile and record revenue collected including the deposit of such funds.
- To maintain an up-to-date filing system for all accounting and financial transactions.
- To provide accounting and financial assistance in closing off the year-end for audit purposes.
- To ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner according to SportMalta’s terms of payment.
- To chase debtors for overdue payments within agreed timescale.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activities and monitor changes in payment patterns to alert Management when required.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Ensure processing timeframes are met as required.
- To assist in organizing, recording and updating of the fixed assets register.
- To maintain accounting databases of key information as required by the Managers.
- To keep abreast of developments in the fields of accounting by participating in training opportunities.
- To confirm that all invoices received for payment have been authorized.
- To reconcile supplier statements to the entity’s accounting records.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Managers and Director Finance.
- Note: The allocation of duties from the list mentioned above, assigned to the new engaged employee, will be at the discretion of the Head of the Department. However, the Accounts Officer should be able to perform these duties in line with SportMalta’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Accounts Officers should work office hours from Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate must have;
MQF Level 5 in accountancy; or
MQF Level 4 in accountancy and one (1) year experience in Accountancy.
Applications together with a detailed CV, recent police conduct certificate together with the copy of qualification certificates and details of experience are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 25/08/2023 noon.
A written proof of experience as detailed in the CV shall be requested upon the start of the employment with SportMalta.
For further information, please contact us by telephone on 22036000