- Take advantage of the open water and go for a swim. Swimming provides an excellent full-body workout and helps improve cardiovascular health
- Gather your friends for a game of beach volleyball. It’s a great way to work on your agility, coordination, and teamwork while having a blast
- The sandy shoreline offers a natural resistance for your legs. Go for a jog or a run along the beach to engage different muscles compared to running on a flat surface
- Find a peaceful spot and practice yoga on the beach. The sand provides an unstable surface, enhancing your balance and core strength as you flow through poses
- If you have access to a paddleboard, it’s a fantastic way to engage your core and improve your balance while enjoying the water
- Play a game of frisbee with friends. Running on the sand to catch or throw the frisbee adds an extra challenge to the game
- It’s not just for kids! Building sandcastles requires squatting, bending, and lifting, which can be a fun way to engage your muscles
- Use the beach as your outdoor gym. Perform bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats, lunges, and burpees in the sand for added resistance
- If you’re at a beach with waves, consider giving surfing a try. It’s an exhilarating way to improve your balance and upper body strength
- Take a long walk along the shore to enjoy the scenery and collect seashells. Walking in the sand provides a low-impact workout for your legs
- Bring along a jump rope and enjoy a heart-pumping cardio session on the beach
- If the beach allows for it, take a beach cruiser bike for a spin along the shoreline. It’s a fun way to explore while getting your legs moving
Remember to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, and take breaks when needed. Whether you’re into high-intensity activities or simply enjoying the beauty of the beach while staying active, there’s something for everyone to #BEACTIVE at the beach.
SportMalta announced the athletes for the Flexi Training Scheme – Private Sector. These are the athletes: Jason...